American Banker, SourceMedia's flagship publication for banking and financial services professionals, and Financial Insights, an IDC Company, a global independent advisory firm, released the third annual FinTech ranking of the Top 25 worldwide Enterprise Technology Companies in the financial services industry.
The top 25 enterprise companies in FinTech are horizontal technology firms that provide products and services across multiple industries, and have significant reported revenue in the financial services industry.
This year's highlights include:
· The Top 25 companies sold more than $84.7 billion in products and services to financial industry clients in 2005, representing a 5% increase over last year.
· For the third straight year, IBM (NYSE: IBM) is the largest provider of technology products and services to the financial industry.
· This year's Top 25 includes ten companies with headquarters located outside North America, including newcomers Getronics (Amsterdam), Logica CMG PLC (London), and Wipro Technologies (Bangalore, India).
Vendors included in the Top 25 Enterprise Technology Companies are as follows:
1. International Business Machines (NYSE: IBM), Armonk, N.Y.
2. Hewlett-Packard (NYSE: HPQ), Palo Alto, Calif.
3. Dell (NASDAQ: DELL), Round Rock, Texas
4. Hitachi (NYSE:HIT), Osaka, Japan
5. Electronic Data Systems (NYSE: EDS), Plano, Texas
6. Fujitsu (LSE: FUJ), Tokyo, Japan
7. Cisco Systems (NASDAQ: CSCO), San Jose, Calif
8. Intel (NASDAQ: INTC), Santa Clara, Calif.
9. Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT), Redmond, Wash.
10. Accenture (NYSE: ACN), New York, N.Y.
11. Sun Microsystems (NASDAQ: SUNW), Santa Clara, Calif.
12. Computer Sciences Corp. (NYSE: CSC), El Segundo, Calif
13. EMC (NYSE: EMC), Hopkinton, Mass.
14. Siemens Business Services (NYSE: SI), Munich, Germany
15. Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), Redwood Shores, Calif.
16. Atos Origin (PBFM: FR0000051732), Paris, France
17. Capgemini (PBFM: PR0000125338), Paris, France
18. Getronics (Euronext: GTN), Amsterdam, Netherlands
19. SAP (NYSE: SAP), Walldorf, Germany
20. LogicaCMG (LSE: LOG), London, United Kingdom
21. BearingPoint (NYSE: BE), McLean, Va.
22. Wipro Technologies (NYSE: WIT), Bangalore, India
23. Gemalto (Euronext: GTO), Luxembourg
24. Affiliated Computer Services (NYSE: ACS), Dallas, Texas
25. Convergys (NYSE: CVG), Cincinnati, Ohio
Consideration for the top 25 enterprise technology companies is determined by fiscal year-end revenues and the percentage of revenues from sales to financial services industry clients, with final rankings based upon total financial services industry revenues. In addition to the FinTech Top 25 Enterprise Technology Companies, American Banker and Financial Insights also released the third annual FinTech 100 ranking of the top technology providers to the financial services industry.
"These rankings show how meaningful the financial industry is to most of the world's biggest technology companies," stated David Longobardi, editor-in-chief, American Banker. "The degree of influence and dependence that each industry has with respect to the other is high and its ramifications are many."
For more information, please contact:
Check out 12ahead, our brand new platform
covering the latest in cutting-edge digital marketing and creative technology from around the globe.
12ahead identifies emerging trends and helps
you to understand how they can apply to modern-day companies.
We believe 12ahead can put you and your
business 12 months ahead of the competition. Sign up for a free trial today.