Follow these tips on interview preparation and nail that job!
Congratulations. Your CV has created the right impression and now the company wants to see you.
Be prepared – research, research, research! Most companies, whether in-house or agency, will have their own websites. There may be a news or press release section, which will give you an idea of recent activity. For agencies there may be a client section too.
Research the specific job description of the role you will be working on. In addition to the company try and research industry issues too so you can demonstrate a wider understanding. Google and other search engines can be helpful for this.
Getting to grips with understanding the role and company culture places you in a position where you can clearly state what you can bring to the table and contribute to the company.
Check out our news and advice pages to make sure you're up to date with all the major issues of the day and learn from our experts.
Try to think ahead about what questions will arise as a result of what you’ve revealed on your CV and be prepared to talk about all subjects in depth.
If you’ve spent just a short time in a particular job be prepared to explain why, both honestly and positively.
If you took time out to travel, then why, what positive learning experiences did you have and how will these help you and employer in the future?
Standard stock interview questions include:
- Can you tell us about what you have been doing in your current position?
- Why do you want to leave your present position?
- What can you bring to this company?
- What do you aspire to in the future?
- Can you give an example of how you have handled dealing with a difficult situation?
- Can you give an example of how you turned a failing project around?
- What are your personal strengths and weaknesses?
- Is there a project you have done that you have looked back on and would have approached differently? What was it? What would you have done differently?
- What motivates you?
- What are your strengths/weaknesses?
Check out 12ahead, our brand new platform
covering the latest in cutting-edge digital marketing and creative technology from around the globe.
12ahead identifies emerging trends and helps
you to understand how they can apply to modern-day companies.
We believe 12ahead can put you and your
business 12 months ahead of the competition. Sign up for a free trial today.