Cake PR rock and technology campaign
- May 2006, Motorola joins AIDS Awareness charity (Project) RED - initiated by Bono and Bobby Shriver
- Consumer push required to drive awareness and engage media - objective of delivering uplift in interest and sales of the handsets.
- Need to create a “Stop the Traffic” moment with a band relevant to the Charity
- Cake approached Scissor Sisters management and label with a view to see if the band would be interested
- Use the vehicle of the Scissor Sisters event / album launch to deliver positive association and awareness of (MOTO)RED
- Re-engage consumers with (MOTO)RED driving interest, awareness and noise
- Educate consumers on RED and what the initiative is
- Lead to an uplift in sales of the red MOTOSLVR handset
- Free Content Downloads
- Complimentary GAP T-shirts
- Free Ringtones, Wallpapers etc
- Follow-up content packages post-event
- 155,000+ applied for tickets via SMS mechanic
- Capacity sell-out 16,000
- Consumers all wore red clothing for the event
- 4,000+ Bluetooths broadcast on the night - 25% of the capacity
- Two UK Shows watched by over 1.2m people
- Subsequent play outs in theatres across 10 US cities
- 47 Separate user Generated content movies uploaded on Youtube
Check out 12ahead, our brand new platform
covering the latest in cutting-edge digital marketing and creative technology from around the globe.
12ahead identifies emerging trends and helps
you to understand how they can apply to modern-day companies.
We believe 12ahead can put you and your
business 12 months ahead of the competition. Sign up for a free trial today.