Resonate PR consumer youth campaign
- Position Vauxhall as a cool urban brand
- To build brand equity amongst young Londoners (18-40, in particular <30)
- Communicate: style and design, driving excitement, build compelling brand values for the Vauxhall marque.
A logo was designed by Boxfresh – a brand recognised and respected by target audience to build Vauxhall’s ‘street’ credentials – this was used heavily throughout campaign both in the media and on exclusive T-shirts
Create a series of exclusive invitation only events under a ‘Vauxhall Tribes’ banner:
- Designed to generate word of mouth
- A vehicle for generating traditional media interest
- Linked to a bespoke non-corporate website that was both relevant/appealing and boasts style, design and driving excitement to target audience – all communication drove people to the website.
An exclusive, hidden and forbidden London event feel brought together in an underground car-park. Event featured new urban sport ‘Parkour’ demonstrations from Urban Freeflow (stars of channel 4 documentary ‘Jump Britain’) with opportunity for guests to learn fundamental moves. Skateboarding by Pete King & team. Edited film loop projected on a wall of the car-park that incorporated Parkour, Skateboarding & Vauxhall footage aligned with speed & style creating an urban club environment.
Vauxhall Tribes Unsigned
A competition in association with Music Magazine ‘Touch’ Invited all budding urban musicians to compete for a place in the live final at 93 Feet East in London.
Female only Parkour Workshop:
An exclusive one day workshop aimed at introducing girls into the world of Parkour.
The workshop gave girls the opportunity to learn some low level fundamental Parkour moves in a non-intimidating atmosphere.
The event was oversubscribed by 900% - only 55 lucky ladies managed to obtain a place.
- Over 110 pieces of print and online coverage achieved
- Millward Brown (evaluation company) confirmed that August had been the best month for coverage and second highest month ever for ticking the ‘innovative style and design’ boxes. ‘Driving excitement’ measurement doubled from July to August.
- The website design is a first for Vauxhall - BPC successfully persuaded them to break the corporate mould – the result is simply & unquestionably a step in the right direction for Vauxhall
- 92% of feedback from the events has been positive, 64% very good and 82% of feedback regarding Vauxhall’s involvement was positive.
- The UK Vauxhall Tribes concept was presented Internationally as a model for both Europe & US
2006 Events (to date):
- Over 1,500 people came together as one big Vauxhall Tribe to witness the UK’s hottest urban talent showcase their skills amongst some of the hottest Vauxhall cars.
- BBC 1Xtra’s legendary presenters Ace & Invisible played host taking the audience to fifth gear with jaw dropping adrenaline fuelled performances from the likes of International Streetdance champions,: Flawless and Madonna’s bboys; Funkstylerz.
- Drinks were supplied by Red Bull with clothing brands such as Ecko, Addict, Mecca and King Apparel offering clothing to dress the Vauxhall Tribes line- up.
- vauxhalltribes.co.uk was developed further and a film edit was distributed via a bespoke myspace.com page which demonstrated the power of word of mouth as hits to the website doubled week on week.
- A regional tour is now in the planning stages.
2006 Results (so far):
- £271,536 EAR excluding numerous on line ad equivalents
- Huge presence online with over 10 Google pages generated from ‘Vauxhall Tribes’ search
- Almost all coverage hit one style and design and driving excitement messaging proof points
- 94% judged the event good or really good (24% brilliant or awesome)
- 84% recognised Vauxhall as sole sponsor
- 79% said event had a positive effect on their view of Vauxhall as a car brand
Check out 12ahead, our brand new platform
covering the latest in cutting-edge digital marketing and creative technology from around the globe.
12ahead identifies emerging trends and helps
you to understand how they can apply to modern-day companies.
We believe 12ahead can put you and your
business 12 months ahead of the competition. Sign up for a free trial today.
||Read more inspirational content from