The web is growing by the second with more and more sites launching. The greater the number of sites, the greater the competition. So how do you gain the edge in a constantly expanding market?
Step one – get your site right.
1. Be consistent with branding. Use the same colours, logo, strapline, etc. everywhere on your site! It projects a professional and trustworthy image.
3. Offer added value to clients. This can include affiliate programs and recommended links to web sites.
4. Include an ‘add to favourites’ or ‘bookmark this site’ option to some business web site pages.
5. Add a "Recommend This Site" option on your site.
6. Flag up any updated pages on the home page – it creates the impression of a busy and alive site
7. Data capture is paramount to enticing users back. Offer them the chance to opt into a newsletter or get business development alerts.
8. Make navigation easy – include a site map where possible.
Step Two – raise your profile with search engines
1. Set up search engine friendly titles, headings and meta tags. Title tags should be around 60 characters and include keywords. Header tags are recognised by some search engines so are worth including.
Keep meta tag keywords prioritised to avoid being identified as spam. Use keywords at the beginning of sentences and higher up on the page for maximum impact.
2. Submit your site’s details to search engines individually for best results. If you can afford it, hire a Search Engine Optimization Expert to handle your search engine submissions
Step 3 - Web Site Promotion Tips
1. Find easy and secure ways for customers to pay. A shopping cart and a secure way to accept debit or credit cards work very well.
2. Check your business web site's links regularly to make sure they are working
3. Build relationships and create a community with forums.
4. Conduct periodic contests to give users an incentive to return.
5. Send a newsletter periodically to you database.
6. Design some surveys, the results of which can be used for press and PR purposes.
7. A bit guerrilla, this one. Participate in online forums and chat sites and start singing the praises of your own site.
8. In addition to branding your site comprehensively, include your business web address on all your printed literature -- business cards, brochures, newsletters, letterhead, e-mail signature, advertising - everything!!
9. Add any special promotions on to your e-mail signature.
10. Get out there. Use your skills to speak to groups, or at conferences to raise the profile of your site.
11. PR and communication can play a vital role. If the site is launched, re-launched or updated, send a Press Release to the media and client database.
Check out 12ahead, our brand new platform
covering the latest in cutting-edge digital marketing and creative technology from around the globe.
12ahead identifies emerging trends and helps
you to understand how they can apply to modern-day companies.
We believe 12ahead can put you and your
business 12 months ahead of the competition. Sign up for a free trial today.