Nelson Bostock Communications success
- An integrated campaign to generate maximum publicity, and sales, of the launch of Batman Begins on DVD.
- Timing was key – the majority of sales take place during first week DVD goes on sale.
- A targeted news and feature campaign to generate stand-out coverage in the media
- The team had access to a Batmobile, which was used to generate feature coverage in run up to launch.
- Nelson Bostock Communications invited select media to a racing track so they could take a spin in the Batmobile for themselves.
- Some 10 journalists attended on the day resulting in double page spreads in Maxim, Empire, AXM and Max Power
- The day before launch, the team negotiated for the Batmobile to appear on ‘Richard and Judy’. Coverage included talk up of the DVD launch
- The Batmobile was put on display at the Trocadero centre in London where the public could see the Batmobile for themselves creating an on-street buzz and talkability.
Batmania! Launch activity:
- Launch day was marked by a special midnight opening of HMV Trocadero
- Trocadero loading bay was turned into giant ‘Batcave’ with creative dressing and branding.
- The Batman logo was projected onto major London landmarks creating visible brand awareness.
- On the morning of launch, the UK woke up to Batmania!
- Key London statues were dressed in Batman capes and masks
- A full guerrilla radio station Breakfast Show Tour was launched. Nelson Bostock Communications visited radio stations in London with breakfast and Batman merchandise including masks, costumes and capes. Radio 1’s Chris Moyles completely bought into the event and even wore his costume on-air.
- 322 pieces of coverage in 3 months
- 9 different TV spots
- 97 pieces of consumer magazine coverage
- 140 pieces of regional coverage
- 24 national reviews on launch weekend
- Radio station Breakfast Show Tour resulted in 30 pieces of radio coverage nationwide, including:
- Over five minutes of editorial coverage on Chris Moyles Breakfast Show – Radio One
- BBC London
- Jonathan Ross Radio 2
- BBC 5 Live
Most importantly, sales of the DVD in the UK far exceeded Warner Bros targets
Check out 12ahead, our brand new platform
covering the latest in cutting-edge digital marketing and creative technology from around the globe.
12ahead identifies emerging trends and helps
you to understand how they can apply to modern-day companies.
We believe 12ahead can put you and your
business 12 months ahead of the competition. Sign up for a free trial today.