Case study, The White Company
As an example of commitment to customer service, both online and offline, The White Company outlines their three brand values and approach to customer relations:
- To supply impeccably stylish, beautifully designed products – principally in white
- To supply products that are of the finest quality at outstanding value for money
- To produce a customer service and a shopping experience that is second to none
Thus showing we know our relationship with the customer is critical if we want to continue to grow our business.
The real focus of how we provide great customer service is our people. We firmly believe that you can only provide great customer service if you employ people who:
- Believe in the brand of The White Company
- Believe in the power of customer service
- This is fine, but you also need to have the processes in place to back this up with service level targets clearly defined for your customer service team.
The White Company manages their on-line ordering system through the following process:
- Once the customer places an order via the website an automated order confirmation is sent to them.
- Every 20 minutes orders are downloaded on to the Options system in batches
- Each order is manually released from the batch and checked
- If it is a special order i.e. gift, express or furniture the details will then be passed on to the relevant team to ensure that the order is processed correctly
- If there is a stock discrepancy, technical error or an inconsistency with the order
- This will be picked up and customers are advised via email thus ensuring that the error is corrected in the first instance
- Customers are invited to track the progress of their order online
- Once the order is processed by our warehouse The White Company sends an automated despatch confirmation email advising that delivery will be within 3 working days
- A response time to any email queries is provided within 6 hours
Check out 12ahead, our brand new platform
covering the latest in cutting-edge digital marketing and creative technology from around the globe.
12ahead identifies emerging trends and helps
you to understand how they can apply to modern-day companies.
We believe 12ahead can put you and your
business 12 months ahead of the competition. Sign up for a free trial today.