1. Ensure relevant keywords. Relevancy is critically important in making sure advertisers get the right results and drive highly-targeted traffic to a web site.
2. Write concise and factual titles and descriptions. Maximise potential click through rate and improve the user experience with clear, concise and correct information.
3. Deep link your listings. Make sure you take users to the relevant section of your website with the product or service they clicked on, rather than to your homepage.
4. Alternatively, it should be immediately obvious to the user where they need to click to find that content from the landing page. If searchers can't easily find the information they're looking for on your site, they will leave without making a purchase.
5. Enable the ‘back button’. It is essential that your back button is enabled. A disabled back button is frustrating, unnecessary and represents a poor user experience and discourages repeat visits to your site.
6. List as broad a range of relevant terms as possible. Bid on as many search terms as are relevant to your site. Very generic terms command a high PPC, very specific phrases are less expensive.
7. Track sales with tracking URLs. Track conversions and monitor which keywords work best. Divert advertising spend to those keywords that prove more lucrative.
8. Delete junk and integrate your campaign. Review creative and keywords every two months to keep it fresh to avoid bidding on advertising copy that is out of date.
9. Ad hoc and regular opportunities. Monitor the news, and stay abreast of annual and ad hoc calendar events for search trends to build on to gain new traffic. These could be as simple as Valentines Day, Christmas, Easter or sporting events such as Cup Finals, World Cups, or Derby Day.
10. Regularly review your bidding strategy. You might not be bidding high enough. An overly restricted calculation of ROI might ignore the lifetime value of a customer. Preferably your online marketing campaign is designed to build a customer list that will have some long-term loyalty to your business.
For SEO training, contact the experts at The Knowledge Engineers who can help you achieve SEO success.
Check out 12ahead, our brand new platform
covering the latest in cutting-edge digital marketing and creative technology from around the globe.
12ahead identifies emerging trends and helps
you to understand how they can apply to modern-day companies.
We believe 12ahead can put you and your
business 12 months ahead of the competition. Sign up for a free trial today.