Rooster PR launch new Zoom Airlines route to Bermuda
The background and challenge
- Generate consumer awareness of the launch of Zoom Airlines’ low-cost flights to Bermuda
- Communicate to the media that the UK’s closest paradise just got closer with the launch of a new low-cost airline
- Highlight Bermuda’s proximity to the UK – only a 6.5 hour, direct flight from London Gatwick Airport
- Use the launch of the new low-cost route as a news ‘hook’ to spark renewed interest in the media to visit Bermuda
Rooster’s strategy and implementation
Devised and executed a launch plan packed with activity that unfolded simultaneously in the run up to the inaugural flight on 8 June 2007 for maximum impact.
The campaign consisted of:
- Press release announcing the launch of the new flight and reminding the media of all the reasons to visit Bermuda.
- A group press trip to Bermuda departing on the inaugural flight and escorted by a Rooster representative. Media included LBC Radio, The Daily Telegraph, Food & Travel, Business Traveller, New Woman, the Kent Messenger Group and Travel Weekly
Two week-long radio promotions running on Magic FM and Heart FM to win holidays to Bermuda with Zoom Airlines
- Recreating a Bermuda beach scene at Canary Wharf, London with deck chairs, palm trees, crazy golf, a steel band and models dressed in Bermuda shorts handing out branded bottles of water and postcards with the flight information included plus the opportunity to enter a competition to win flights with Zoom Airlines to Bermuda
- The following day recreating a Bermuda beach scene at Soho Square in London with deck chairs, palm trees, crazy golf, stilt walkers and models dressed in Bermuda shorts handing out branded bottles of water and postcards with the flight information included plus the opportunity to enter a competition to win flights with Zoom Airlines to Bermuda
- A ‘gate party’ at London Gatwick Airport prior to the departure of the inaugural flight with a steel band, branded bottles of water, models in Bermuda shorts handing out goody bags for all the passengers flying to Bermuda.
Campaign highlights and results
News story coverage of the launch in The Daily Telegraph, Evening Standard, London Lite, Travel Weekly, TTG, Travel Bulletin, The Scotsman, Travelmole, Travel Daily and Business Traveller
Seven destination features in the pipeline following group press trip
3,500 names for data capture received from the radio promotions and the beach scenes at Canary Wharf and Soho Square
Check out 12ahead, our brand new platform
covering the latest in cutting-edge digital marketing and creative technology from around the globe.
12ahead identifies emerging trends and helps
you to understand how they can apply to modern-day companies.
We believe 12ahead can put you and your
business 12 months ahead of the competition. Sign up for a free trial today.