With 24 successful years in referral marketing, Managing Director of Goldnet Referral Marketing Ltd, Vince Golder, states the most common mistakes businesses make that reduces the potential in their word of mouth referrals
1. Having no strategy to maximise word of mouth referrals
2. No official customer care and communication programme
3. No customer appreciation, respect or “Referral Mind Set” from staff and management
4. No monitoring of staff on customer care
5. Customers are taken for granted
6. Customers do not know or briefed on benefits and value supplier provides
7. Supplier provides minimal benefit and value
8. Customer complaints and issues unresolved to their satisfaction
9. No official customer care, referral, complaints policies etc.
10. No staff training on customer facing skills
11. No guarantees offered
12. No referral marketing plan and little or no budget allocated on customers
13. Businesses continue to spend a great deal of money on chasing new sales from cold prospects, rather than conducting a low cost referral programme with their own customers
14. No credible testimonials and case studies
15. Little or no referral strategies used
16. Little or no customer and staff incentives offered
17. Little or no Database Marketing and Customer Relationship Management System (CRM)
18. Conducting nil / few customer information / satisfaction surveys
19. No customer loyalty programme
20. No alliances or joint ventures
For details of Vince’s new ebook “The Power of Referral Marketing” go to goldnetreferralmarketing.co.uk
Check out 12ahead, our brand new platform
covering the latest in cutting-edge digital marketing and creative technology from around the globe.
12ahead identifies emerging trends and helps
you to understand how they can apply to modern-day companies.
We believe 12ahead can put you and your
business 12 months ahead of the competition. Sign up for a free trial today.