Responding to the changing shape of the email marketing industry and to ward off any potential threats of legislation, the DMA Email Marketing Council has updated its Best Practice Guidelines to continue to raise standards within the industry.
The Guidelines aim to stimulate the development of email as an effective marketing channel while reinforcing the key legislative issues that marketers should be aware of when using the medium.
They also provide practical advice on how clients can maximise their return and combat the prevalence of spam.
The guidelines are all embracing, covering everything from the initial collection and managing of data through to managing response and measuring campaign effectiveness. They cover every facet of the discipline, including:
· Advice on how to get the best out of the email channel · Soft Opt-in and the difference between B2C and B2B
· How and why data should be kept clean · Pitfalls and considerations when renting email lists
· Communicate with existing customers more cost effectively via email
· How to get the right message to the right person at the right time
· How to choose the right subject line
· How often should an email be sent
· How to compare email with other media
Check out 12ahead, our brand new platform
covering the latest in cutting-edge digital marketing and creative technology from around the globe.
12ahead identifies emerging trends and helps
you to understand how they can apply to modern-day companies.
We believe 12ahead can put you and your
business 12 months ahead of the competition. Sign up for a free trial today.