A global research survey, commissioned by worldwide advertising network Ogilvy & Mather, has asked what people, brands and places people find inspiring.
Top line results find Albert Einstein appearing most consistently in the top three inspiring people across Europe, Russia and the US.
The Pyramids, Egypt, appear in the top three inspirational places most frequently across Europe and Russia and Disney features is the most inspirational brands, followed closely by Coca-Cola and Google.*
Other findings showed that:
• Brits rank Princess Diana as most inspirational person, the Pyramids, Egypt, as most inspirational place and Apple as the most inspirational brand;
• Coca-Cola is perceived as an inspiring brand across Europe, especially in Spain with one in two claiming to feel inspired by the brand.
• Disney also ranks in the top three inspirational brands in Europe, and appears to be slightly more inspiring amongst females.
• Martin Luther King is also felt to be an inspiring person with at least one in four people claiming to have felt inspired by him in both Europe and the US.
• in France, nearly one in two consumers claimed to feel inspired by Swedish furniture brand IKEA.
• in Russia, one in two respondents claim to feel inspired by brands such as BMW and Microsoft.
• gender divides were apparent: men found Albert Einstein more inspiring than women did, while more women found Disney to be an inspiring brand than men.
• the most inspiring people, places and brands are shown to be quite consistent across Europe, whereas differences are apparent in Russia.
Rachel Hatton, Planning Director at Ogilvy Group UK, commented: “What we find most interesting about the results is that the places people find most inspiring are those that have creativity and ground-breaking ambition at their core. This confirms the importance of what we at Ogilvy already do: focus on originality and challenge existing boundaries.”
Check out 12ahead, our brand new platform
covering the latest in cutting-edge digital marketing and creative technology from around the globe.
12ahead identifies emerging trends and helps
you to understand how they can apply to modern-day companies.
We believe 12ahead can put you and your
business 12 months ahead of the competition. Sign up for a free trial today.