If you missed out on the UTalkMarketing MI Expo which took place on April 7 2011, fear not, you can download the highlights including innovation expert Cris Beswick's presentation on "Innovation Culture - what it takes and where to start".
You can also sample the best bits from the highlights video on the events website: http://www.marketinginnovationexpo.com/ and secure your 2012 ticket today.
1. Get Strategic. Leave the past two years of negativity behind and create a new vision for the future and the legacy you want to leave. Make sure the challenge is bold enough but achievable enough then communicate it to your people.
2. Get Ahead. Give your HR, OD or talent leader a seat at the board table. If they haven't got the business acumen, teach them so they can become a more strategic part of the organisation.
3. Get Real. Employee engagement 'HAS' an impact on business success, Fact! If you haven't got a strategy, create and implement one fast.
4. Get Creative. Banish the 'status quo' from your organisational vocabulary and start looking at embedding a 'culture of innovation' as a strategic way forward.
5. Get Inspirational. Communicate to your people that the 'performance' you want from them is less to do with financial targets and more to do with their desire and ability to be exceptional.
6. Get Talking. Create a format to allow regular conversations with your people about what they want and need in order to inspire and engage them.
7. Get Connected. Double-check your organisations internal relationships are aligned. If they aren't, find out where the tension lies and create a route to the 'breakthrough culture' you need.
8. Get Practical. Create a sincere and sustainable way to tick the two main drivers for your employees, 'involve' them and 'appreciate' them.
9. Get Emotional. Check that the following are present in your organization every day; vision, passion, engagement, creativity, shared purpose, collaboration, risk and sincerity. If they're not, add them in.
10. Get sensible. When doing all of the above, find a way to embed my three sense checks into every process. Love; if we do this will our people love it? Desire; if we do this will our customers desire it? Hate; if we do this will our competitors hate it?
Check out 12ahead, our brand new platform
covering the latest in cutting-edge digital marketing and creative technology from around the globe.
12ahead identifies emerging trends and helps
you to understand how they can apply to modern-day companies.
We believe 12ahead can put you and your
business 12 months ahead of the competition. Sign up for a free trial today.