Employees working for the Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banks are to benefit from the UK’s first prepaid flexible benefits debit card, providing major savings at high street retailers.
Spree-flex, is a Visa debit card developed by P&MM onto which employees can load flex funds. They will then enjoy the benefits of savings with major high street retailers when they shop. It has been designed as part of the Banks’ employee benefits package to drive staff loyalty and retention, improve motivation and support recruitment.
Launched under the Bank’s Affinity Rewards scheme, the new employee benefit programme will offer up to ten percent savings at an extensive range of high street retailers, including: Asda, Argos, Boots, Comet, Mothercare, Warehouse, HMV, Principles, Homebase, Halfords, River Island, JJB Sports, Brewers Fayre, Beefeater, TGI Fridays, Marriott Hotels and Debenhams.
Staff will have the opportunity to load credit onto their cards instead of the using the traditional paper voucher system.
Cat McDonald, Employee Benefits Manager for the Banks, commented: “We were looking for a discount scheme that reflects our forward looking culture. Introducing this card has enabled us to move the concept on to a whole new level as it reflects the way in which people shop today - we are delighted to be the first in the UK to implement the Spree-flex card. Initial feedback has been extremely positive.”
John Sylvester, Director of P&MM's incentive & motivation division said: “The Spree-flex card brings the incredibly popular concept up to date and we have no doubt it will prove to be a tremendous success. Spree-flex provides an efficient and secure way to distribute funds and we are confident that the loyalty effect of continuous reinforcement from a scheme branded card will add real value to corporate employee benefits programmes.”
· Clients using the Spree-flex card concept are able to personalise the standard card to their business or incentive campaign with their logo, or if required, can have a totally bespoke design. This re-loadable card offers a cost effective option for reward delivery.
· Spree-flex has a fully operating management system with users being able to activate, check their balance and check transactions either on line or via a 24-hour Interactive Voice Response (IVR) service. P&MM has also set up a working-hours customer service call centre to answer any queries, as well as a 24 hour lost and stolen help line.
Further notes to Editors:
· P&MM has been established for 40 years and is the UK's premier performance improvement company, delivering award-winning incentive, recognition and employee benefits solutions for some of the UK's biggest brands.
· P&MM was recognised as Motivation Provider of the Year for the second year running at the recent HR Rewards & Benefits Awards
· For more information on P&MM please visit www.p-mm.co.uk
Check out 12ahead, our brand new platform
covering the latest in cutting-edge digital marketing and creative technology from around the globe.
12ahead identifies emerging trends and helps
you to understand how they can apply to modern-day companies.
We believe 12ahead can put you and your
business 12 months ahead of the competition. Sign up for a free trial today.