The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) is the leading professional membership body amongst Management Accountants, promoting the interests and serving the needs of more than 172,000 members and students in 165 countries.
POSSIBLE's brief was to migrate and consolidate 20 websites into a single content-managed site in just five months.
• Migration of 5,000 Reddot pages onto the EPiServer CMS platform (which is a stable and flexible .Net platform for content management).
• Creation of a large and complex - yet hugely resilient - infrastructure.
• Seamless integration with Google Search. Functionality such as ‘top links’ and ‘you could also try’ is ‘content weighted’ to offer consistent search across different kinds of content.
• EPiServer CMS is fully integrated with Siebel CRM (customer relationship management software). As a result, over 5000 pages of useful Siebel data is presented on the web. Popular and valuable data, such as ‘exemptions from CIMA exams’, is visible and searchable.
• Single sign-on functionality means users need only sign in once to be presented with personalised content and access to other resources such as community and Siebel CRM services without having to sign in again.
The new site went live in January 2010.
• 45% increase in traffic (month-on-month)
• Natural SEO improvements moved several key search terms up 10+ places
• 2 days per week of editor time freed up for other activities (efficiency savings)
• It is now easier to update social media (Twitter, Facebook) using content from the site
• The site is easy for content editors who don’t have technical skills to update. They can now add text, Flash videos and feeds from photo galleries quickly and easily.
• The site now allows for detailed permission-setting, which enables more targeted marketing to CIMA members.
• Personalisation of content-delivery means users now receive information which is specifically targeted at them.
• Improved accessibility (to disabled users and other technologies)
• Improved users journeys (better user experiences)
• Improved brand alignment
“We at CIMA are delighted with the result of our web migration and new site. It has really helped us become more relevant to our customers by making their web journey much easier and providing information in the way they want to receive it," says Ray Perry, executive director, CIMA
Check out 12ahead, our brand new platform
covering the latest in cutting-edge digital marketing and creative technology from around the globe.
12ahead identifies emerging trends and helps
you to understand how they can apply to modern-day companies.
We believe 12ahead can put you and your
business 12 months ahead of the competition. Sign up for a free trial today.
||Read more inspirational content from