Best practice from Positive Digital.
The goal for both websites is that the website design engage consumers in an immersive, branded environment and to communicate to clearly defined audiences (loyalty club members, past guests and enquirers) in a succinct, personalised, impactful, engaging and motivating manner, measuring response rates in terms of visits, UK online booking revenue and booking volumes.
Celebrity Cruises website - CelebrityCruises.co.uk
2009/10 was a key time for Celebrity Cruises UK, launching its latest ship Celebrity Equinox, showcasing its updated brand proposition and selling cruises for Celebrity Eclipse, launching in 2010, the first Celebrity Cruises ship sailing exclusively from the UK.
• To drive sales overall, especially of Celebrity Eclipse.
• Create a unique website by integrating a campaign Flash microsite into main website homepage to promote strategic priority product
• Website re-design and re-factor for consistency with global website
• Optimise for SEO and improve search rank.
My Royal Caribbean website - MyRoyalCaribbean.co.uk
This microsite is the ideal medium to communicate key messages to and immerse the target audience in the Royal Caribbean brand – it functions at the apex of integrated key campaign periods throughout the year with DM, email, and press advertising.
• To drive sales
• Constantly evolves; fresh, new design for maximum impact and engagement at key campaign periods
• Promotion of UK market strategic cruises
• Create an interactive environment and a dynamic look and feel with a mixture of static and animated visual content.
• CelebrityCruises.co.uk - relatively small 5 figure budget
• MyRoyalCaribbean.co.uk – relatively small 5 figure budget per campaign
• Integration with the .com global website and booking engines
Limited time for build:
• CelebrityCruises.co.uk - each of 2 phases completed within 5 weeks.
• MyRoyalCaribbean.co.uk – typically 4 weeks for design and build prior to campaign go live.
Unique, innovative campaign solutions are designed to provide visitors with a top-to-tail personalised campaign journeys for both websites. Design and user experience are coupled with use of technology to maximise engagement and drive bookings.
Bespoke personalised url (PURL) technology integrated to provide a personalised experience for users
Easy access, relevant content, global integration
Additional technology developed for the site includes live pricing and integration with the global website booking engine, ensuring that a user can begin booking with just one click.
A website within a website
CelebrityCruises.co.uk has a unique homepage, integrating an entire Flash microsite within the website homepage
CMS controlled use of Flash
CMS controlled Flash allows the inclusion of rich media alongside user generated content to engage and provide a brand rich, immersive experience
• CelebrityCruises.co.uk occupies the number 1 rank in Google UK (brand terms search.
• Over 4 week campaign in September 2009, an exceptionally high propensity to return of over 62% visits were returning visitors demonstrating an excellent level of engagement with the website.
• The website inspired a 113% YOY uplift in internet passengers booked over the September campaign period
• The website budget achieved an ROI of over 5:1, in the first month alone based only on online booking revenue.
• The website received thousands of visits over the 4 week Turn of Year campaign period, 2009
• a very high propensity to return of nearly 30% demonstrating an excellent level of engagement with the website
• 36% year-on-year uplift of UK internet booking passengers
• The campaign achieved an ROI of almost 49:1, based on revenue attributable just to online bookings over the period 1-18 January 2009, compared to the website campaign budget
• 36% year on year uplift on UK online bookings (total bookings up by 52%; all booking channel CTA’s - online, telephone direct and Travel Agent - were provided on the website).
• Yahoo Analytics
• Royal Caribbean International booking figures and campaign report
The websites are truly innovative in design and structure, not only in the systems used and integration with other communication channels but unique in the user experience - an entire personalised microsite embedded in the homepage for CelebrityCruises.co.uk an excellent example.
The results show that the innovative, rich approach to the website design provides a dynamic, interactive, relevant and personalised experience for the user and delivers impressive results.
Check out 12ahead, our brand new platform
covering the latest in cutting-edge digital marketing and creative technology from around the globe.
12ahead identifies emerging trends and helps
you to understand how they can apply to modern-day companies.
We believe 12ahead can put you and your
business 12 months ahead of the competition. Sign up for a free trial today.