Reader's Digest UK launched an iPad App with YUDU Media following it's acquisition out of a position of administration.
The first ever digital version of the world's most popular paid circulation magazine, the Reader's Digest iPad edition went on sale on July 2, 2010 in a bid to propel the iconic magazine into one of the UK's leading digital publications.
Reader's Digest UK Results
• 30k downloads and 55k views in just 12 days on the App Store.
• Now up to 3K downloads per day.
• The response was exceptional; it's been featured on numerous App Store lists such as 'Top 10 most downloaded Apps' and 'New and Noteworthy'.
Summary of tips for an ideal launch process, utilised by Reader's Digest UK:
1. Plan the launch roll out, create marketing assets and generate a pre-launch buzz.
2. Use an app title and description keywords that are relevant to your audience to ensure your app is easily found on the App Store.
3. It's important to get the maximum number of downloads as possible; give the App and some base content away for free. You can then charge for subsequent issues.
4. When the App goes live, utilize the social and mainstream media. Try to make as much noise as possible in the key industry media titles, websites, forums etc.
5. Desired objective: get into the top 100 listings and one or more category listing. There's a tipping point - increased downloads lead to an enhanced chart position.
If the App reaches a top 50, 20 or top 10 position like Reader's Digest, you'll find that the numbers of downloads then accelerate even more.
Find out more by playing the video link below.
Check out 12ahead, our brand new platform
covering the latest in cutting-edge digital marketing and creative technology from around the globe.
12ahead identifies emerging trends and helps
you to understand how they can apply to modern-day companies.
We believe 12ahead can put you and your
business 12 months ahead of the competition. Sign up for a free trial today.