Ocean Outdoor, the boutique media owner specialising in iconic advertising locations and large-format digital beacons, has renewed its contract with the BFI for its IMAX cinema in London until 2016.
The cinema offers one of the largest advertising sites in Europe and has become an iconic landmark on London’s media landscape, both to brands and to the general public. The contract has been extended as a reflection of Ocean’s performance in what has been an extremely tough advertising market.
A huge range of blue-chip companies have used the BFI IMAX to present products:
- Panasonic launched a Blu-Ray DVD player and changed all the BFI IMAX lights to blue as a one-off
- Apple has introduced most of its recent products on the BFI IMAX, the best-known being a carousel of different coloured dancing people for the iPod
- Cadbury re-launched Cadbury’s Caramel on the BFI IMAX with its famous bunny
- Qantas launched the Airbus 380 using both the outside of the BFI IMAX and an experiential exhibition within
- GSK with Beechams was the first Pharmaceutical brand to use the BFI IMAX, a huge statement for that category and the impact of the BFI IMAX
- Nissan launched its GTR model, using the outside of the BFI IMAX as well as driving the cars themselves around it for a video
Jill McLaughlin, BFI Director of Strategic Projects, said: “The current economic climate for all cultural organisations is tough and it is very important we maximise our assets. Our relationship with Ocean has continued to deliver results in a competitive environment and we are delighted this is to continue.”
Tim Bleakley, CEO, Ocean Outdoor, added: “The BFI IMAX continues to be central to any client wanting to make a statement in London, and with 2012 round the corner, the significance of this site will only increase. We are delighted to be working with BFI for the next 5 years, and this contract is absolutely central to our strategy of acquiring large iconic sites in key cities and locations.”
For press and publicity please contact Red Dog :
Sally Whatley 07540 724456 firstname.lastname@example.org
Amber Organ 07889 716673 email@example.com
Check out 12ahead, our brand new platform
covering the latest in cutting-edge digital marketing and creative technology from around the globe.
12ahead identifies emerging trends and helps
you to understand how they can apply to modern-day companies.
We believe 12ahead can put you and your
business 12 months ahead of the competition. Sign up for a free trial today.