Mobile Interactive Group (MIG) a global integrated mobile and digital communications business today announces the acquisition of mobile marketing and CRM software provider Piri Limited for an undisclosed sum.
MIG has purchased Piri, which was launched in 2006, because of its versatile technology capabilities and platforms which include integrated cross platform CRM and a self serve web interface mobile marketing platform.
To date MIG has traditionally been strong in working with media and entertainment businesses, mobile network operators, agencies and brands, and has now strengthened its capabilities as it moves into new lucrative vertical customer channels, namely corporate enterprise and self serve markets.Being based in Manchester, the acquisition also gives MIG a permanent presence in the North of England, which will enable the newly acquired commercial, development and operational teams to better serve MIG’s growing client base.
These new facilities will position MIG as clear market leader in the provision of integrated mobile services. The acquisition will broaden MIG’s capabilities as the Piri platforms will be incorporated into MIG’s existing technology offering which includes the interactive messaging suite MIDAS; the high speed SMS/MMS Gateway; the mobile web and app publishing platform Kilrush and Mpression, the premium mobile ad serving platform. These new technology capabilities will further accelerate the company’s international growth and expansion.
Barry Houlihan, CEO and Founder Mobile Interactive Group said, “We are delighted to announce the acquisition of Piri. We have worked with Piri for several years, providing mobile billing services to their clients via our m-commerce and interactive solutions business Mobile Interactive Technology (MIT). We intend to take full advantage of the company’s location in Manchester to grow commercial opportunities and this deal underpins MIG’s other platform capabilities as we look to build market leadership in the provision of mobile services to the corporate enterprise market. The Piri technology is already fully integrated with all MIG platforms and immediately available to our existing customers, as well as international customers and partners.”
Lee Bowden, director, Piri Limited commented “It’s great to join such an innovative and forward thinking group - MIG is a high energy business with big ambitions. The deal represents a huge opportunity to launch Piri’s technology globally and offers tremendous career opportunities to our staff in an industry that has excelled through a tough economic climate. This is an exciting time and we look forward to working as part of MIG to enter new markets in 2010.”
Current Piri customers include businesses like Netplay, Future Publishing, Paddy Power and Camelot. The deal is 100% acquisition (undisclosed amount) and is performance related.
10 Things you should know about MIG
1. Sunday Times Tech Track winner 2008 (ranked no. 1)
2. World’s most integrated mobile value added services business
3. CEO and Founder Barry Houlihan is a former Ernst and Young entrepreneur of the year winner (2006)
4. Ranked ‘No.1 Mobile Agency’ in the NMA (New Media Age) Marketing Services Guide for three consecutive years (2008, 2009 and 2010)
5. Awarded Guinness World Record for Live8 for the largest ever text lottery in history (2005)
6. Won Diamond award for ‘Best Integrated Campaign for Walkers ‘Do us a Flavour, Win a Packet’ Gramia Awards (2009)
7. UK’s largest mobile payments provider (20% market share)
8. Clients currently include ITV, FIVE, O2, Vodafone, Orange, Three, Walkers, Tropicana, COI, Shazam, Bauer, Guardian and more
9. 140 staff with offices now in London, Manchester, New York, Chicago, Montreal and Sydney
10. Privately owned and all corporate development has been organically funded
Check out 12ahead, our brand new platform
covering the latest in cutting-edge digital marketing and creative technology from around the globe.
12ahead identifies emerging trends and helps
you to understand how they can apply to modern-day companies.
We believe 12ahead can put you and your
business 12 months ahead of the competition. Sign up for a free trial today.