Best practice from Insight Public Affairs
Total Politics magazine wanted to make a splash in the national media to co-incide with the launch of the magazine that was retailing throughout the UK.
Launch Total Politics Magazine on tight budget; develop awareness of magazine through national and regional print and broadcast media
Target consumer audience (news-stand buyers); advertisers and opinion-makers
Targeted distinct consumer audiences with different messaging:
1. The PR team profiled the magazine’s publisher himself, as a renowned political blogger who was, perversely moving into the printed world to create a ‘personal journey’ story
2. The team targeted the political broadcast media by creating a story that the magazine was being launched to make politics ‘more accessible’, unashamedly appealing to people who wanted to find out as much about political personalities as about the policy environment.
3. The PR team targeted regional media and sold in the launch to relevant newspapers and radio stations in the home and university towns of Total Politics’ editor and political editor, offering them for interview.
4. PR-ing stories themselves. We also contacted regional titles when relevant local MPs /councillors who were featured in the magazine to generate spin-off stories
5. We ensured light-hearted stories were commissioned by the magazine’s editor for the first edition to drive coverage in the national diary columns of the print media..
Secured high-profile, in-depth coverage across over 25 outlets including:
BBC 5 Live (Gabby Logan, ½ hour interview); LBC Radio; BBC Radio Kent; BBC Radio Merseyside; Full-page spreads in The Independent, The Observer and The Western Mail; coverage in News of the World, The Times; The Sunday Times and The Telegraph
The level and quality of launch PR impressed the client. Insight were retained to secure ongoing PR for the magazine post-launch.
Iain Dale, Total Politics Publisher, said,"To say we are over the moon at the coverage generated is an understatement."
Check out 12ahead, our brand new platform
covering the latest in cutting-edge digital marketing and creative technology from around the globe.
12ahead identifies emerging trends and helps
you to understand how they can apply to modern-day companies.
We believe 12ahead can put you and your
business 12 months ahead of the competition. Sign up for a free trial today.