Best practice from EHS Brann
To create a customer relationship programme that creates affiliation with malt whiskey enthusiasts.
Diageo’s challenge was to increase consumption of malts across a large portfolio of diverse brands and to increase consumer discernment of the category to favour their more sophisticated and complex malts.
Our challenge was to:
- exploit the ownership of a ‘malt regionality’ concept
- increase off trade sales through portfolio extensions rather than greater consumption of identified brands
- build loyalty, create confident brand champions and satisfy their need for knowledge and authenticity
- measure the effect of a relationship marketing programme.
The launch of the Friends of the Classic Malts relationship marketing programme. The programme gives enthusiasts priviged access to the world of malts. It empowers members by taking them on a journey of discovery through the 13 malts and giving them the knowledge to make confident choices. The activity is based on recruitment and retention and encompasses web, email and offline communications.
- Launched in 15 markets globally and consumers are communicated to in their own language.
- Over 400,000 Friends have been recruited as at August 2008.
- Globally, Friends purchase an incremental 2.5 bottles of whisky per annum and trial twice as many Classic Malts as non members.
- FOCM relationship marketing programme is held as best practice RM within Diageo.
Check out 12ahead, our brand new platform
covering the latest in cutting-edge digital marketing and creative technology from around the globe.
12ahead identifies emerging trends and helps
you to understand how they can apply to modern-day companies.
We believe 12ahead can put you and your
business 12 months ahead of the competition. Sign up for a free trial today.