uSwitch.com is a free, impartial online and phone based comparison and switching service that helps customers compare prices on a range of services including gas, electricity, home phone, broadband providers and personal finance products.
uSwitch recently enhanced its website as part of a brand refresh and new direction. During the process, we were commissioned to work on ensuring the best possible user experience for the new site developments. The main objectives of the project were to:
· Establish the user experience requirements of target user groups as identified by uSwitch
· Understand users’ precise needs and goals
· Improve the user experience of the site in line with meeting business objectives
· Provide a platform for future site strategy and developments
What we did
We carried out a comprehensive information architecture and interaction design project to help ensure that the site developments were focused around the needs of the user. This involved:
· Online survey to establish user groups and goals
· In-depth interviews to validate the findings from the survey
· Persona creation to form the basis for future strategy
· Wireframe creation to show how key pages should be laid out so users can find what they're looking for quickly and simply
We then worked with uSwitch to develop, implement and test the new wireframe designs.
The site developments were undertaken as part of uSwitch’s brand refresh, aligned with the new company direction and ensuring the best possible experience for its users.
The changes have been made to simplify uSwitch's online service and the user research has ensured that uSwitch know exactly what each user group wants from the site.
Joe Cross, Brand Manager, uSwitch.com, said, “Webcredible’s user-centered design project has allowed us to gain a much clearer understanding of our users and help us develop an enhanced site that meets their needs and offers the highest standard of usability.”
Check out 12ahead, our brand new platform
covering the latest in cutting-edge digital marketing and creative technology from around the globe.
12ahead identifies emerging trends and helps
you to understand how they can apply to modern-day companies.
We believe 12ahead can put you and your
business 12 months ahead of the competition. Sign up for a free trial today.