By Microsoft adCenter
Here are a few tips for improving your click-through rate:
· Maximise relevancy – the more relevant the ads, the more people will click
· Use the research and analytics tools on adCenter to identify who is clicking on your ads and when, then target your ads accordingly
· Highly targeted ads with strong offers and branding will lead to higher CTR
· Increase average position by increasing CPC
The average CTR of ads in the top bar is 4 times higher than for the top 3 positions of the side bar
The Effectiveness of Positioning & Relative Number of Conversions
· Increase average position by using demographic targeting
AdCenter allows to you upweight your bids by demographic so your ads will appear higher in the listings when your desired audience searches on your keywords.
Eurostar saw a click-through rate nearly five times higher than other search engines using adCenter’s demographic targeting
· Ensure that campaign structure is good – and keep specifics and generics separate
· Use or improve negative keywords
You can help to prevent your ad from showing up in search queries unrelated to your website by excluding certain keywords or keyword phrases.
Check out 12ahead, our brand new platform
covering the latest in cutting-edge digital marketing and creative technology from around the globe.
12ahead identifies emerging trends and helps
you to understand how they can apply to modern-day companies.
We believe 12ahead can put you and your
business 12 months ahead of the competition. Sign up for a free trial today.